Saturday, February 19, 2011

 It's March 8, 2011

I'll keep messing with the posting dates so the blog'll read as a cohesive chronological whole, though

OK, weather broke here in Seattle. Got out and did 40 of the recommended 65 miles of breakin time. 

Honestly, the bike felt pretty much exactly the same as before I did anything, just a little more sensitive to throttle and a bit quicker pickup. Then I remembered I was keeping it below the recommended 6500rpm.

Looking at the chart, I have about 90hp at 6500 rpm to the stock 80 or so. Then at 8500 rpm it's making 150 or so, and on up from there.

Extremely cool to look down and see that spinning blower drive as you cruise along too, reminds you it's a thrashing mechanical thing you're riding

It's tough keeping this beast reined in. Can't wait to be able to twist it's tail. Anyone got a favorite place to buy swingarm extensions?

This is going to be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment